Friday, April 14, 2006

Lord of the Rings 3 years late

I am often late to catch up on crazes, and I also never seem to get to the movies. These two tendencies combined in this sad fact- I had never seen the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. That is, until last night (not entirely true, I saw some of the first and second movies on TV, but with many commercials.)

Since I am now on spring break, on Wednesday I rented "The Two Towers" and "Return of the King". My plan was to stay home in bed and watch both of them without getting up. It didn't quite work out that way, but I did get to see them in pieces over the last 2 days.

What can I say, they were great. I am not always a fan of the fantasy genre, for example I absolutely hated the latest Star Wars movie ( I avoided seeing the first two installments of the later trilogy). But these movies were really fun. I also love Viggo Mortenson, he is an activist, and seems less smug than George Clooney (click here to hear the George Clooney Smug Cloud from South Park).

Want to find out which character you are most like? Here's a test, it's lame, but I did find I was most like Oewyn.

6 comments:

Kate C. said...

I'm Legolas Greenleaf! Well, I do kind of look like an elf.

jody said...

You do, and Legolas is cool.

jody said...

I read the book, many many years ago. I have heard the "The Silmarillion" is great too.

Molly said...

I am Merry Brandybuck, one of the hobbits. Is it because I am short?

jody said...

No, it is because you are merry. And that is cool, he is on Lost.

Kate C. said...

I think if you were Merry because you are short, almost all of the Culkins would be hobbits (except for those Culkins who live on Washington Street.)