Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Etsy

I am the probably the least crafty of the Red Peonies crew. But I appreciate handcrafted goods, even if I rarely pick up knitting needles myself. Recently, I have seen a lot of blogs pointing to Etsy, a website that allows people to sell and buy handmade items. Bun Bun Babythreads, created by a college classmate of Neilson's, is selling cute embroidered baby clothes there, and they are on sale this month. Megnut, a site to which I seem to be addicted, is featuring Etsy gift ideas; the item she highlighted today spoke to me, a Taurus born in the Year of the Rooster. Sarah Dyer, of Action Girl fame, often features purchases she made as part of her 5-4-3-2-Etsy pledge (in which people pledge to buy an item off Etsy for less than $5.00 for three months). So if you are looking for an unusual gift, check it out.

No comments: