Saturday, February 02, 2008

Weekend in Oswego Morphs to 5 minutes in Albany

I planned to visit Hosmer this weekend, I was looking forward to discussing the upcoming primaries and the Super Bowl. But I was defeated by Oswego weather. Hosmer called me when I was on the train and convinced me to turn around at Albany. There had been a big ice storm in central New York and another one was predicted for the approximate time of my arrival. It reminded me of Kym's trip to Oswego last winter during the record snowfall- she made it, unlike me.

Even the car rental people seemed to agree with Hosmer, so I turned back. I do feel kind of wimpy about it, but Dad sounded relieved. I had 5 minutes in Albany to buy a new ticket and hop on the train back to New York that was luckily waiting in the station. A somewhat anti-climactic morning. Fortunately I had my DVD of Infernal Affairs to watch (and compare to the Departed).

No comments: