Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Thanksgiving in Brooklyn

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. As you all know, it is by far my least favorite holiday, if not my least favorite day of the year. This year things went a little better, however, because Neilson's aunt and uncle decided to order food in. Let's just say this is all for the good. They skipped the turkey, etc., and got food from an Italian deli, and we were all happy with the meatballs and broccoli rabe.


We were told to bring cookies. I think they just meant to buy some, but somehow the thought of bringing a box of store bought cookies was really depressing, and I made some chocolate chips. Which was a good thing, as this was one of the other dessert options:

In case you can't read the label, it is vegan, organic, kosher coconut cream pie. (To be fair, there was also a very tasty apple crumble. Not as good as homemade, but still pretty good).


4 comments:

Trish said...

Cookies look great, Kate!

Kate C. said...

The cookies were pretty good. Everyone seemed shocked that I had made them myself; the first question was "where did you buy them?" And then "do they have butter?" Um, yes, they do.

Sarah said...

I think Otis's choice says it all. Go butter1 Go chocolate chips. We had 3 pies for 4 adults and 2 kids at my house. Now that is a lot of butter and whipped cream!

Kate C. said...

The person who asked about butter did want butter to be them. But is was an odd question.