Friday, January 05, 2007

Pan's Labyrinth

If I saw you anytime in 2004, you probably had to listen to me talk about Hellboy- the conversation went something like this; "Hellboy- it's a really good movie!" Admittedly, I didn't have anything that interesting to say about Hellboy, but a movie that involved portals into hell, baby demons, Nazi scientists, copious amounts of pizza and the catholic church was bound to catch my attention. Guillermo del Toro directed, with a lot of humor and unusual visual richness.

He has a new movie, "Pan's Labyrinth". This movie is set in Franco's Spain. I haven't seen it- I heard him talk about it at ComicCon in San Diego and saw some clips. If I only see one movie during my winter break, this is it.

The trailer... (I am usually resistant to trailers that start with "In a dark time", but this movie promises to be good!)

Here's a link to an interview with the director on Salon, you can download the audio file

No comments: