Sunday, March 02, 2008

Brain Dead

I've been feeling too brain dead to write anything insightful and coherent. But for anyone concerned about the minutia of my life, here is a sampling of what I have done in the last week:

Eaten buffalo stew.

Finally seen Juno. Which, despite a little squeemishness about the teenage pregnancy plot, I loved. At the end I cried sort of uncontrollably and then ran out and bought the soundtrack, to which I have been listening to obsessively ever since.

Started to write a talk about Sarah Winnemucca, which I need to finish tonight, as I need to give it tomorrow at the opening ceremonies of BCC women's history month.

Celebrated my fifth anniversary with Neilson by eating pizza at John's, site of our first date.

Become obsessed with In Treatment. It sounded so annoying, but now I can't get enough. (Note--Matt F. and I have been having Facebook conversations about HBO shows. He likes it too.)

Been concerned about the use of human hair as a trim on Project Runway.

Explored the awesome beer section at the new Whole Foods on Houston Street and bought a 6-pack of Blue Point Brewing Company Toasted Lager for $7.00.

Learned that Whole Foods yogurt is just about as good as Stonybook, and significantly cheaper. (You know you live in Manhattan when Whole Foods is where you go to bargain shop.)

Started to watch Prime Suspect I. Having finished Slings and Arrows, its nice to have a nice long series to look forward to watching.

Bought a ticket to go to Denver over Easter weekend. (Skiing, chocolate, Anders, Grand Mary, Ezra--what more could a girl want.)

And now for a few gratuitous kitty pictures.



2 comments:

Trish said...

Kate, I think this is VERY coherent I will start watching In Treatment and Prime Suspect on your recommendation. My favorite TV watching over the past year has come from your posts in Red Peonies. (I only learned of In Treatment this weekend and saw about 5 minutes of one episode, but it looked pretty intriguing.) I LOVE the kitty pictures, especially the one of the very distinguished looking Elvis, and finally, Congratulations to you and Neilson on your five years' anniversary. I think its very telling that this occasion was celebrated with pizza.

Trish said...

I should have mentioned that I'm shocked by the buffalo stew.