Thursday, August 17, 2006

August 4

On Friday, we visited the history museum in the beautiful Parque Indepencia. Afterwards, Neilson ate the most decedant sandwich I have ever seen--it included sirloin steak, ham, fried egg, cheese, lettuce and tomato. And some french fries on the side. I'm not in a position to critize--I wanted to try Rosario's famous dulche de leche gelato, but I knew I would be too full if I ate any "real food." So gelato for lunch it was--and well worth it. We had hoped to visit the river islands, but it proved to be too difficult in the off-season. Instead we took a river cruise, which provided two very pleasant hours of fresh air and beautiful views. We hurried to the bus station afterwards, and caught a bus back to Buenos Aires. After picking up our luggage, we checked into the Hotel Lion D'Or, near the wedding hotel where we would be moving the next day. Time for dinner! We went to El Sanjuanino, known for its empanadas. We had a charming waiter, more than making up for our Rosario waitress, and a delicious dinner, of empanadas (for us both), ravioli for me, some sort of stew for Neilson, and flan with dulche de leche and strawberry gelato for dessert. I think the dinner cost us each 8 dollars. We almost were on Argentine time, and didn't leave the restaurant until after midnight, although people--including families--were still pouring in. (Those of you who know my sleep habits will be very impressed with this fact.)


Parque Indepencia


Enormous Sandwich


Kayak


Unflattering picture taken by friendly fellow tourist


River Islands


Rosario View


Rosario bridge


El Sanjuanino



Antelope in restaurant


Dessert

No comments: