Friday, October 12, 2007

Go Al!

As you all know by now, Al Gore won the Nobel Peace Prize (with the United Nations’ Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change).

I love Al- even though he messed up big time in his Presidential run. If only he had gotten a few more votes- it would not have been possible for Bush and his minions to steal the election. When I think how different the past few years would have been, it makes me want to cry. Not that Al is so perfect, but I cannot imagine him saying that torture is ok (oh, I mean "torture is not torture cause I say so").

4 comments:

Eric C said...

Its good to see Al doing well I wonder if he's going to enter the race. While working for Frank today I found a fun test that tells you which canidate you should chose for the 08 election. According to the test I agree equally with Richardson and Obama at 81% each, which sounds about right. The site is http://www.politicalbase.com/toolbox/&action=takePersonalityTest&testId=8 .

Kate C. said...

I wish I could forgive Al Gore for losing the election in 2000, but I can't. He ran a horrible campaign and handled the recount situation just as badly. I know the Republicans rigged the election--but they wouldn't have been able to do so if he, oh, let Clinton campaign for him. Maybe he should have mentioned the environment during that race a little more often. It is cool he won this award, though, and I think he does more good out of office than in it, so I hope he doesn't jump in. And it is cool Doris Lessing won for literature as well--Only the 11ths woman to do so!

jody said...

Hey great to hear from you Eric. I just took the quiz, I match up best with Dennis Kucinich (who's suprised about that) but followed closely by Richardson and Obama.

Kate you are right- he really screwed up.

Kate C. said...

Hey, I also match up best with Dennis Kucinich. That is Richardson and Clinton. I'm not sure if this test figured in Richardson's unfortunate comments at the "gay" debate.

Thanks for posting the test Eric!