Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Please Bear With Me While I Whine Just A Little

Okay, so I'm not sure where September went but October has rushed up on me faster than I wanted it. Marathon training has begun again and I have new grant deadlines and I get the feeling that I will turn around tomorrow and it will be Thanksgiving all ready. AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Molly and I have been sharing virtual screams with each other via email and I welcome you to join me if you feel the need. If not, then I am happy for you but could you share a little of your calm oasis with me.

Meanwhile, I am procrastinating going for an 8 mile run and trying to figure out how to get my work done this afternoon and still keep up with the one friendship (okay I exaggerate - maybe 3 friendships?) I have managed to cultivate in my year and 1/2 here in this forsaken western pitthole. I have no spontaneous or unexpected meetings with friends anymore. The days don't even vary. I meet once per week with 2 friends and occasionally I fit in a third. I joined a political book club just for some variety. I hope I don't get all worked up and scare the other members. I think I am developing a crazy glint in my eyes. I know stress must be showing on my face. Coworkers are looking at me askance. I suppose I should start to worry when strangers start crossing the street to avoid me and small children run screaming. I take that back. I don't scare children or animals - they love me - even crazy me. The adults, well, that is a different story.

Wish me luck. I'm off on my run. Maybe the crazy glint will have faded somewhat by the end of it, or maybe training for my 3rd marathon will only make it gleam the more. On a good note, I have been writing quite a bit. Maybe I'll just cherish the glint as the mark of a writer - I think it shines brighter when I am writing. Someone made a comment about it the other day - not the glint- just that I looked a little crazed and writerly. Hmmmm.

As for television, I am saving Dirty Sexy Money as a treat for after my run. I am looking forward to it even more now that Kate has praised it so. If you haven't done so you have to check out Aliens in America and Reaper. There is hope for the CW yet.

No comments: