Monday, November 17, 2008

Guarding against the villains

So I am in San Antonio for a few days visiting with Molly and Jerry. Mom and Dad are arriving later today so that we can all go to Molly's swearing in ceremony tomorrow morning at the Texas Supreme Court. I spent yesterday with Molly volunteering at the First San Antonio Rock & Roll Marathon. We worked at mile 19 from 5:30 in the morning until just past 1:30. But we will blog about that later.

I just felt the need to blog about the crazy night visitors that Molly and Jerry had last night. They slept through the whole thing but I was in the front room and neither Asta nor I nor Nola could sleep through these crazy people. Someone pulled into the driveway around 1:30 and started getting in and out of their car over and over again. Then they came up to the front door and started banging on it. Asta went crazy and started barking. She may be small but she sounds really big from the other side of a closed door. Clearly she got her bark from the lab side of her family tree. So after Asta chases them off I hear them get back in their car and I glance out the window and see them weaving off down the street. I think, maybe they are drunk or high and had the wrong house. Okay, glad Asta was here and Asta and I head back to bed. Half an hour later they come back and start the entire routine over again only this time they use the doorbell. This time both Nola and Asta both go crazy and I expect Molly and Jerry to come flying out to see what is happening. But as I learned this morning, they slept through the whole thing and only woke up to hear Nola barking. They figured he was just being annoying and made him stop barking and go back to his crate. Asta kept up her barking until the car drove off again. She likes to protect me from the villains. Apparently she is very good at it. They didn't return for a third visit and for that I am glad but I am still somewhat freaked out, and not only because Molly and Jerry could sleep through such a visit. At least they have Nola and next time they say they'll trust his nighttime barking and let it continue. After all, when Asta and I go home, someone will have to guard against the villains.

1 comment:

jody said...

Strange psycho visit- reminds me of This American Life.