Saturday, January 24, 2009

A few things that upset me yesterday

I found the discussion Rachel Maddow had with Congressman Peter DeFazio (wasn't that Fonzi's last name) about the problems with Obama's stimulus package disturbing. Spending money on infrastructure seems obvious even to me, someone with very little understanding of economics. Obama's "I Won" line did make me happy, though, as did his ending the "gag rule" on abortion for international groups wanting money . (This clip is kind of long and opens with an ad--sorry).



Also, I finally saw Slumdog Millionaire last night. It was good, but despite all the hype about it being "uplifting" and "magical," I found it more upsetting and disturbing than anything else. But I was glad to check one of the Oscar movies off my list.

1 comment:

Trish said...

I thought Slum Dog Millionaire was a little disturbing too -- I really wanted to see it with Grandmary, but now that I've seen it, I'm not so sure. I haven't seen all the nominee movies yet, but I really liked Milk.