Friday, July 24, 2009

San Diego Comic Con

Yes, its Comic Con time again. It is enormously fun, as always. I saw Hurley from Lost (Jorge Garcia) on the floor! He really is a fanboy! Did anyone notice Google is celebrating Comic Con with a drawing by legendary comics artist Jim Lee? Comics have certainly gone mainstream, though I guess there was always a major geek cross-over.

One thing about Comic Con, you don't get a lot of sleep. I will post again when I've had a nap, here are a few pictures for now.

DSC_0342
Here he is! I sheepishly asked permission and apologized profusely for taking his picture, but I couldn't pass this up. Hurley on the floor of the Con!

DSC_0320
Calvin chatting with Blair Butler of G4 Attack of the Show on preview night at the DC booth.

DSC_0303
Calvin tweets (this happens often).

DSC_0340
Man of Steel shakes hand of headless Victorian.

DSC_0339
Ronnie del Carmen, cartoonist and Story Supervisor for Up- a lot of the Pixar artists do comics as well. His are charming.

DSC_0337
Enrico Casarosa, another Pixar artist, author of The Venice Chronicles, one of my favorite books I've gotten at the con so far.

1 comment:

Kate C. said...

I love Hurley.