Wednesday, June 20, 2007

San Jose: TOC

Calvin and I have been in San Jose for the last couple of days, covering tech visionary Tim O'Reilly's first Tools of Change publishing conference. I am a huge fan of O'Reilly Media's products, I use their technical books and subscribe to Make, "how-to" zine with microcontrollers and pop bottles. I was really happy to be here, and the conference did not disappoint. Here is day one coverage on the PW site, day two. Wrap-up to come.

The conference was in the San Jose Fairmont, in the shadow of Adobe Systems corporate headquarters. Since PhotoShop is what sold me on digital culture, I have an elevated interest in this company (and they control an almost frightening amount of the software to create and modify digital media in practically all forms).

A highlight of the trip was dinner with my cousin Patrick and his friend (also) Patrick. They drove down from San Francisco - it was wonderful to hang out with cousin P.J.







No comments: