Tuesday, July 31, 2007

More Comic-Con

This year, I was on a panel at Comic-Con. I was very excited to be a participant- the panel was about an upcoming show at the San Diego Museum of Art curated by our friend Betti-Sue Hertz that features artists who are using animation.

I talked about Robert Breer, who was a huge influence on me when I was studying animation in college in the 70's, George Griffin who was my teacher and boss (my first job after graduating from college was as the teaching assistant in animation at Harvard- bratty Harvard students turned me off from teaching for about 25 years) and Luca Buvoli, an artist who has done a great Not-a-Superhero series that seemed particularly appropriate for Comic-Con. Calvin was the moderator extraordinaire, Betti-Sue talked about some of the artists in her show, Lisa Cartwright of UC San Diego showed clips of early animation, and her 11 year old son Nilo Goldfarb showed some of his Flash animation projects.

Here is a picture of the event.



Many more pictures of Comic-Con.

No comments: