Monday, July 09, 2007

Wildflowers and Peaches

Jerry and I are planning on using all wildflowers for our wedding. I am getting pretty successful at keeping plants alive but I am not that confidant that I will be able to grow my own wedding flowers, this choice is still being discussed.

Lucky for us the largest wild flower farm is located in Fredericksburg, a small German town outside of San Antonio. The farm is named Wild Seed Farms and really is a beautiful place. They grow fields and fields of flowers and native peppers all year round. They have a great website where you can buy seeds for your own beautiful flowers. Sadly, I left my camera at home but I will return and take some pictures.

My friend Genevieve is from Fredericksburg and joined me for the visit. It is peach season and people drive from all over to buy Fredericksburg peaches. I was lucky enough to be with a local who took me to her Opa's orchard outside of town and taught me how to pick the perfect peach. They are truly delicious.

2 comments:

jody said...

Beautiful picture of the peaches, and I am so looking forward to seeing the wildflowers at your wedding!

Kate C. said...

I love the idea of the wildflowers, esp. as I've read some disturbing things about the working conditions for a lot of flowers.