Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Dressing up for Harry Potter - No Worries - No Spoilers Here

The bookstore I work for, Auntie's, had a great Harry Potter party on the release date. 3 floors of very excited children, teens, and adults running around in costumes, excited about reading, playing games for hours in anticipation of the big event, the release of the final saga in Harry's Hogwartian journey. I have rarely seen so many people so excited about one thing, and I have never felt as full a participant in that excitement. No jaded outsider status for me. Harry, Ron, and Hermione ROCK!!! Not to mention Neville and Luna. I can't wait to read it over again. It was just so good!

I had to work the party and Matt was nice enough to volunteer. We helped run the Bertie Botts Every Flavor Bean Contests. Those things can be nasty.













Can you guess who we were?


2 comments:

Kate C. said...

Great dress Kym. You look like Gigi! I really liked the final Harry Potter book--a fitting ending to great series. It was kind of fun to see everyone reading the book in Denmark, where I was when it came out. And it is nice to see those academic robes come in handy for something.

jody said...

Great pictures! I enjoyed the Harry Potter mania in New York, I get my haircut across the street from Scholastic and was there the day the book was published. Many frenzied fans and Scholastic employees looked really happy.