Tuesday, August 07, 2007

It's Like a Heat Wave

So it is going to be miserable today in New York--93 degrees, with 86% humidity. Yuck. (I realize by South Texas standards this is nothing. But I am a spoiled, uppity North Easterner and I don't like this. How Kym and Molly can train for marathons under these conditions will forever be a mystery to me.) Luckily, I love the NYU library, which is always super air conditioned, so that is where I will ride out the heat wave. On Saturday--which was also very hot, although not so humid--Neilson and I went to Jacob Riis Park in the Rockaways for some relief. I had never been there, but will be going back. It is like a little slice of Cape Cod within New York City limits.




1 comment:

jody said...

Jacob Riis park is wonderful. I love that it's named after great reformer and photographer Riis.