Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Gossip Girl

The new TV season has finally arrived. There were some great cable dramas over the summer but I am ready for some new shows.

Gossip Girl premiered tonight on the slowly dying CW network. There was a lot of hype mainly due to its famous creator, Josh Schwartz . Remember how amazing the OC once was!

I must say that I liked it. Kristen Bell did a great job on her awesome voice overs, it made me that much more excited about her debut on Heroes. I love the girl who can sew, give her more screen time. I am also a big fan of the actor who plays her brother. He is sort of a Chad Michael Murray, he has been on a ton of WB like shows and now he may finally have one that sticks. Chuck, the rapist, with the great scarf certainly has evil potential. In general, I liked the characters, and who doesn't love watching insanely rich teenagers act like idiots. Not quite as witty as I hoped it would be but I can see its potential.

So what new shows are you guys watching? What favorites have you been counting down the days to?

On a similar topic, I don't like the new layout of televisionwithoutpity. It has too many ads and I don't need the pictures.

2 comments:

Kate C. said...

I can't believe I forgot to watch Gossip Girls after all that hype. I'll catch the rerun on Sunday. I'm looking forward to Pushing Daisies and Dirty Sexy Money. And I hate the new TWoP website--it makes me not want to read it.

jody said...

I haven't watched any of the new shows- but I did get addicted to Mad Men on AMC over the summer. Many of the episodes are on Free Movies on Demand if you have Time Warner.