Monday, January 30, 2006

Birthdays and Basketball

Calvin and I celebrated his birthday by going to see a Knicks game at Madison Square Garden.

Here are some bad camera phone pics from the evening.






The Knicks were playing the New Orleans Hornets. Sadly, the Knicks were badly beaten, by this not very good team. The Knicks are even more pathetic, at least without Stephon Marbury and Antonio Davis.

Last Saturday we went to see an Art School League BBall Classic- Rhode Island School of Design versus Cooper Union. I went to R.I.S.D. for a year- I am sort of an alumna. Eric joined us, as did some old friends of Calvin's (true R.I.S.D. alumni) Paul and Michelle, with their son Sebastian.

This game was strangely reminiscent of the Knicks game (at least after they let us into the junior high gym after an asbestos scare). R.I.S.D. was vastly outplayed by those hoopster fools from Cooper Union (maybe the engineers are better than the art students?) Both games had a 20 point margin or so- I think- I start to blank on the details shortly after the game if my team loses. At least they had some women on both of these teams, though they didn't play until the last few minutes. The girls rocked- kind of- go R.I.S.D.!

No comments: