Sunday, February 12, 2006

Blizzard, N.Y.C. style



After a winter of creepily warm weather, we finally got some real snow in New York City. Apparently it was the biggest snowfall in N.Y.C. history, although I feel like there have been worse storms in the fifteen years I've lived here. Sometimes the city really doesn't function, but by this afternoon cars were driving around and businesses were open. But it was still fantastic. I walked around Fulton Ferry Park and across the Brooklyn Bridge. Everyone was in a great mood. The snow is getting dingy and dirty now, but slush is the price you pay for a winter wonderland.

2 comments:

jody said...

Yes, the blizzard has been great. And it's a great excuse to stay home and watch the Olympics all day!

Molly said...

I admit that I am missing snow this year. For all of my complaining about the cold when I live in it, the snow at least makes it beautiful. Currently it is in the low 30s here, but no snow, so it is just annoying.