Saturday, February 11, 2006

Olympic Update

Its only 4 o'clock on the first day of the competition, and already I've been sucked into the Olympics. Last night Jody, Cathy and I watched the opening ceremonies as we worked on our Harriet Hosmer project. It was appropriate as Hosmer lived in Italy for three decades and surely would have loved ridiculous pageantry of it. I especially enjoyed the aerialists forming themselves into a giant dove then Yoko Ono coming out and quoting John Lennon on peace. It had to be a snub of American foreign policy. Also great was the Italians silvery outfits, the fireworks lighting the Olympic cauldron, athletes talking on the phone and taking pictures as they walked into the stadium and Sophia Lauren still looking beautiful. This morning I watched the biathalon as I cleaned my apartment and briefly was very concerned as to whether the Slovakian would win an upset medal. (He didn't.)

No comments: