Sunday, February 12, 2006

February 17th

If you walk into any store these days it is painfully obvious that Valentine's Day is quickly approaching. I used to be extremely negative about this particular made up holiday but then I realized the positive aspects of overpriced roses and candy hearts that taste like sweet chalk. February 17th is what I like to call cheap chocolate day. This is the day that all Valentine's Day chocolate is sold for great discounts of 75% to 90% off. It is often tempting to buy candy on the 15th or 16th with discounts of only 25% but I suggest holding out for the really good deals. I also suggest going to a Walgreens or CVS that is out of the way, that way the supply hasn't been picked over as much. As an added bonus you also get to screw the manufactures that made up this jackass holiday in the first place, who could ask for more.
Happy Cheap Chocolate Day

1 comment:

jody said...

I am looking forward to eating a lot of cheap chocolate. I used to buy Calvin the fancy stuff, then I realized he liked Hershey's kisses better. They are tasty- not like those chalky hearts.