Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Let me know what you think




Okay, so now that my orals are over and I have successfully moved into abd (all but dissertation) status, meaning I have a mere 3 years to go before I finally kiss this project, namely grad school, good-bye, I have decided to distract myself with a blog of my own all about food. I'm not sure yet what the exact focus will be but I do want to know what you think it should be called. I thought of calling it Weese Cooks, but Matt says it would be more appropriate to call it Weese Eats, but then again maybe I should go in another direction all together. I'll be writing about my life with food, which will of course include cooking, but will also range over my vast collection of cookbooks and just exactly why I think I need more, and I do think that by the way, even as I question it. I'm not much of one for restaurant reviews but when I eat a memorable meal, whether for good or ill, I do like to share the experience.






If only for the day-glow mango rice pudding.

I'll also share with you some choice food memories, including my now infamous, at least among family members, adventure in a San Antonio IHOP, followed sadly by a visit to a San Antonio Olive Garden involving the largest, most tasteless chocolate cake to exist in this world, or at least that is how I remember it. This was well before Molly had moved to San Antonio and discovered a true city neighborhood existed inside the soulless loop that encircles it. So there you have it, all things Kym and food will be discussed. So now is the time to put your 2 cents in and let me know just what title you think it should all be collected under. I provide no guarantees that I will listen even the littlest bit to your opinions, but I may, you never know.







Should I go with something like my alien tortilla for the heading? He is rather cute.

No comments: