Saturday, February 03, 2007

The Tea Spot

I've been working this afternoon in my favorite new hang out, the Tea Spot on MacDougal Street. It has free wireless, excellent tea, and tasty food, including pumpkin bread and samosas. Yum. There is also a working fireplace downstairs. The only downside is that it is often filled with NYU undergraduates having some really annoying conversations, as they examine every last detail of their lives. I feel like I'm in a Felicity episode. (And yes, I am sure my conversations were just as annoying when I was 20.) The last time I was here there were two girls talking just a little too loudly about how much smarter they are than the other people in their classes. One of them seemed to have a strange relationship with her father; over the course of the afternoon, I learned he had told her she shouldn't wear flats since she refused to wear socks with them and that he had instructed her to breakup with her boyfriend when she went to law school. Right now, there is a couple clearly on a first date sitting next to me. The guy is telling the girl all about his last girlfriend and how mad he was that she started dating someone else right after the breakup. He also keeps answering his cell phone. My guess--no second date.

No comments: