Saturday, November 12, 2005

Anyone for Pizza?


When I was in New York I bought an exceptionally cool bag in order to be more like Jody. I never got a red leather jacket like hers so I have to make up for it with awesome bags. Freitag bags are made from recycled tarps, seat blts, and inner tubes and can withstand even first year law books.

I took it to class and literally the first comment I got was "What do you have a pizza in there?" Someone had asked Jody the same question a few weeks ago in NYC so I really can't be that surprised, but it is just more evidence of the uncoolness of San Antonio.

Don't get me wrong, San Antonio does have some great things going for it, but it also has about 5,000 Chili's, 10,000 Applebees, a few hundred Gaps, and too many conservatives for my taste.

I must say that being surrounded by conservatives is hard, until recently I haven't known many conservatives up close, Republicans were sort of like an elusive bird that the Discovery channel does a show on, but noone has ever actually seen. Now my life is like the movie Birds and the only places to eat or shop come in the big box store format.

I am trying to think of it as immersion opposition research, and for the time being at least I can keep my pizzas warm.

2 comments:

Kate C. said...

Hi,

The bag is such a beautiful color. Leave it to Aunt Jody to find out about the coolest things.

jody said...

It is a fabulous bag. I cannot believe you got the pizza comment. I got it from a fan at the Giants game, but at least my bag was red, like so many pizza bags. And after all, we all love pizza!