Thursday, November 03, 2005

Only a Year?

I find it incredibly hard to believe that it was only a year since the last election. As Kate pointed out a ton has happenend, some unexpected and some rather predictable.

As I was reading my old email I remebered so clearly that day and also how I prayed that this administration would go just a little too far. I hoped that they would push people just enough to wake them up from this bizare haze of conservatism. I never really thought that they would implode on themselves with such rapid succession, but that is where we stand.

I have been increasingly annoyed with the Democratic leadership's attitude of lets sit back and watch them combust. I personally vote for throwing some gasoline on the fire and really sending them down in a blazing inferno, but Dean or Reid haven't returned my calls lately and someone forgot to pass my message onto O'Bama.

I think there is hope though. The Democrats in the Senate finally remembering that they asked for an intelligence report over a year ago and demanding answers is a nice start. Now if only they can stand up to Alito we just may have a fighting chance.

No comments: