Sunday, November 20, 2005

Nola's gate

I have a child's gate that keeps Nola out of my office when I am studying. As you can see Nola can easily see me though the gate, but it stills causes him great pain when he is on the opposite side. The funny thing is that I am sure he could jump over the gate if he tried, but he hasn't quite figured it out yet. Soon he will be taller than the gate and I can just imagine him standing there looking over it still unable to get past it.

I am sure there is some greater lesson in this, perhaps even the obstacles that you think are too big, are passable if you just figure out the right way. But for know I just think it is cute and a little dignified how Nola stands there watching me study.

1 comment:

Kate C. said...

What a well-behaved creture. Elvis would headbutt that gate until it fell down.

Kate