Friday, May 05, 2006

Capers rules the house

Nola has a very large and comfy bed in my living room so perhaps Capers is jealous but Capers has his own bed and acess to every piece of furniture and all of my pillows and most often my lap or head so I don't feel too bad for him.

Capers certainly controls the house, I get up when he wants, (who needs an alarm clock when your cat wakes up at 7 every morning on the dot) he gets tons of catnip, and he is the most popular cat in the neighborhood, his friends even come to my back door and cry loudly to get him to come outside.

I recently heard the Dog Whisperer say that in households that have both a dog and cat the cat usually controls the situation and has dominance over the dog and usually the people too. My house is certainly typical.

Nola has a good 50 pounds on Capers but that doesn't really seem to register and that is just fine with me since Weimraners can catch and kill a cat in seconds. But Capers sort of tortures Nola sometimes. He lays down in front of Nola's food and water bowls and won't move so Nola just sits there and stares. Capers also drinks out of Nola's bowl all the time but if Nola is even watching Capers eat he gets hit in the face by Capers.

Most recently I walked into my living room to see Capers sound asleep on Nola's bed. Nola followed me into the room and was shocked to see his favorite spot taken. My favorite is the next picture. Nola just looks so upset and bewildered. I had to pick Capers up to get him to move since Nola certainly couldn't figure out what to do.
I am only 3 finals away from being done with my first year of law school. Yeah, I have a job with legal aid this summer but that is about it so I will be posting often. Now back to constitutional law.

No comments: