Sunday, October 05, 2008

My wrist saga

As most people know I injured myself in Mexico on the 3rd day of our honeymoon. I dropped a glass and it shattered and cut my wrist. I had 12 stitches in Puerto Escondido and they were taken out in Oaxaca City 5 days later.

I enjoyed Sprite and read a book on the beach while Jerry swam.
I had to keep it dry so this was my shower gear.

Well it was still painful a month later, I couldn't put any weight on my wrist and I couldn't pick anything up. I went to a Dr. and he thought I had damaged a tendon. I wore a small wrist brace for a few weeks and then I had surgery on Thurs. It turned out that my tendon was 25% cut and needed to be repaired. I will be in the blue brace for 4 more days and then the Dr. will evaluate and see if I need physical therapy. I am pretty grumpy about the whole thing, but I will get over it. I may be more mad that someone stole my Obama sign in my front yard.

This is my high tech shower gear.

Thankfully the feeling came back in my arm late on Friday, but I still can't move my wrist or do much of anything.

2 comments:

jody said...

What a drag! I hope it recovers very soon now after your surgery.

Kate C. said...

Hope your wrist saga ends soon and happily.