Thursday, October 02, 2008

Voice of a People's History/Sneakers on the Internet

Last night, I joined my friend Jen and her family for dinner and a performance of Voice of a People's History, readings based on some of the primary sources that Howard Zinn used to write A People's History of the United States. The reading was held at NYU, part of the Hip Hop Theater Festival. Performers included Tim Robbins, Michael Rappaport, and some hip-hop people I am way too uncool to know. Sadly Lili Taylor was a no show, but it was still a fantastic event. There is going to be a performance in Boulder next week with Zinn himself attending, and I think many of the Denver Culkins would enjoy it.

Over the course of the evening I learned my friend's husband is a youtube sensation, as he documents a year of collecting sneakers, especially Jordans.



1 comment:

jody said...

This looks great. Did you know Matt Damon grew up next door to Howard Zinn?