Sunday, October 19, 2008

Was Kenley treated unfairly?

I love the Slate Political Gabfest (as does Molly), and this week one of the guests, Hanna Rosin, talked about toggling between the last debate and the Project Runway Finale, as I did. Her main point was that bratty Kenley got treated differently than the equally obnoxious men in previous seasons.

I don't think she should have won, but I do think there is no doubt that she was treated differently than the guys. Read Rosin's post on Slate's XX Factor.

3 comments:

Molly said...

I haven't heard the most recent gabfest but I tend to say that no kenley was not treated unfairly and was kept on longer then she deserved simply because of her attitude, it made good tv and this season needed a villian.

Kate C. said...

I hadn't really thought about it, but I think there is some truth to it. But I'm not sure if any of the earlier contestants were quite so rude to Tim Gunn, as least in the footage we saw. But she certainly didn't deserve to win.

jody said...

She didn't deserve to win, and was clearly kept on because of her value as an obnoxious character. But I do think she was treated a little differently than Santino, Jeffrey, even Christian (who I found annoying but was genuinely talented) and some of the other irritating (male) characters on the show. Can anyone tell me why Jeffrey won?