Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Bittersweet Facebook Bonus

In the past few months, I know several people who have "announced" the death of their beloved pets on Facebook. Including myself, of course. And each time, friends have sent in a ton of thoughtful condolences. I think it is really nice that people have a way of letting people know about this kind of loss, and get instant reaction from their far flung friends. Because, let's face it, it is hard not to feel a little silly or pathetic telling people how upset you are about your pet. Because you know it is a pet and there are much bigger problems in the world, but you are still in tears and want some acknowledgment of your loss. At least that is what I found. But Facebook is the perfect medium for these sad but inevitable occasions.

Speaking of Elvis, Neilson recently found some more pictures he had taken of him and Audrey. Here is one of my favorites.

1 comment:

Trish said...

This is a nice picture, Kate.