Friday, December 02, 2005

Bad Camera Phone Shots


You can take some really bad pictures with a camera phone- I think that's part of their appeal. Here's a picture of the military recruiting station in Times Square.





Here's a picture of Teresa Wright in "Shadow of a Doubt", a Hitchcock movie from the 40's. She looked a lot like my mother, even in their seventies there was a pretty strong resemblance.





I went to the Met the day before Thanksgiving, supposedly an (optional) museum visit with my students. When none of them showed up, I was frankly relieved and got to look at some of my favorite gothic christian sculpture. This is St. Catherine.

2 comments:

Kate C. said...

I can't believe how much Teresa Wright looks like Florence. I actually thought it was Florence when I first saw the picture. Last summer at the Ritz dinner the waitress and several of the patrons were commenting on how much I looked like Florence. But then one said, "Well, your grandmother was really an amazing looking woman." Maybe if I wore those great clothes from the 40s and brushed my hair more frequently I would be more in the Teresa/Florence league.

jody said...

You are definitely in the Florence league.