Sunday, December 11, 2005

How Big?


My Dad loves babies. He always has. He loves to talk to babies, play with them and especially ask them THE question. "How Big is the baby?". Last wednesday my Dad helped Andy and I by picking up Anders at daycare. We asked Dad to stay for dinner but we didn't know we were in for a show. After dinner, Dad asked the famous question, "How Big is the Baby" and taught Anders the standard reply, "SOOOOO BIG". Anders loved it. For over half an hour, Dad had him laughing out loud. As Dad said, "How big is the baby?", Anders would throw his head back and giggle. We had never seen his little body shake with such laughter. Then Dad started in with peek-a-boo and the laughter started again. We took pictures and video. The pictures don't nearly capture the moment but at least you see him smile.



Andy and I tried the same games the next night without nearly the same response. It must just be Dad's special touch with babies.

3 comments:

Molly said...

I have never really been around Frank and babies but I do know of his love for big babies. He used to talk about this one particular big baby that Sarah babysat.

I was big baby myself, in fact strangers used to tell my mother to put me on a diet.

Kate C. said...

How is it that Anders gets cuter every day.

jody said...

I remember hearing about Frank's Babyland stories, a popular favorite with the toddler set.