Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Molly and Kate Discuss T.V. (Again).

A little background to Molly and my long discussions about television. I am quite few years older than Molly and I didn't see her very often when she was growing up. One of the first times we hung out was when she came to New York for Kym's graduation from college, which was the same month Molly was graduating from high school. During that visit, I learned that the area of Texas in which she lived did not get the W.B.--meaning, in that day and age, Molly didn't get to watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Dawson's Creek. Which just seemed too horrible for words. So, for her graduation I gave her a tape with the season finale of those shows. We have been talking about T.V. ever since.

Hi,

Did you watch the alternative ending of Veronica Mars online yet? I won't comment until I know you have.

Kate

Hey
I did see it, and all I can say is I just don't understand. At first I thought, wow that is really different and sort of interesting. But then I was just confused. Did they just do two endings for a sweeps ratings pull? Did they ever have any intention to actually use that ending? And if they did when did they decide, because they are so different they can't possibly have filmed two different episodes to follow each ending.

Mainly I have a lot of questions. What is your opinion on who is the father of Meg's baby? I really hope that it is Duncan because maybe that would make him go away, but somehow I doubt it. I try to think of what is the obvious choice and then pick the opposite but then I think well Duncan is the obvious choice but only if you ignore the letter and the boyfriend comment made by the mom on the babysitting episode so maybe it is someone else but then maybe those are fake clues. You see how confused I am.

I would like to have seen more of the process of Weevil deciding that Logan didn't kill Felix, that seemed to happen quickly. I enjoyed the scene between Trina and Kendall but I was expecting more because it had been so hyped. Also do you think that Duncan slept with Kendall? I definitely think that he did something and that he has a secret. I just don't know what.

I loved Mack and Beaver. So cute!

What are your thoughts?

Molly


Hi,

I really didn't understand the alternative endings either. I also had no idea how to vote. You're right that I don't see how they could make the next show fit with either ending. It was very confusing.

I don't think that Duncan is the father either, although it would be great if he was. There is certainly a lot of confusing lineage issues on this show. I do not like Duncan--I wish it would come out that he slept with Kendall, but, alas, I'm sure it is not to be.

I would like more Weevil in general. I like the tense alliances that are developing between Weevil and Logan and Logan and Veronica.

I finally bought the Veronica Mars DVD and Neilson is catching up. I hope he gets hooked, but the show doesn't seem to have the pull for a lot of men that it does for women. Although my male friends from college love it, and they are the ones who made me watch it in the first place.

Also--I'm very sad about Nick and Jessica. And, have you ever seen America's Next Top Model? I got sucked into the marathon yesterday. It is insane. What has happened to Tyra Banks--did she always look so weird?

Kate

Hey
I have my first final in 2 hrs and I just can't study anymore so your email comes at just the right time.

I hate Duncan and I actually think that they are going to give him some hidden secret that will sort of justify not liking him. Or maybe I am just dreaming. Weevil is great, it will be interesting how it plays out. I have another final on Thursday that I am pretty worried about so I won't get to watch the new episode till Thursday evening but it will be a nice reward. Hopefully Neilson loves it, I have a feeling that he will, he does have good taste. All I can say is that thank goodness you guys started dating or he would never have found TV.

I love America's Next Top Model are you kidding. I have watched all the seasons and sadly yes, Tyra is weird looking, although oddly she looks better this year. Last year she had this weird red hair thing going on and it was really hard to look at. I am pulling for Nik this year, not out of any love for her but a general dislike of the other 2. My favorite never wins anyway, I love the drama.

I am also so excited about Project Runway. Did you watch it last season? My roommate and I were some of the few that watched it from the beginning, I am so happy that is coming back. If you don't watch it you must at least give it a shot.

I still have a totally misguided hope that Nick and Jessica will work it out. Maybe it will be a Christmas miracle.

Molly

1 comment:

Sarah said...

The last year ahs been a little hectic and with studying for Boards my TV consumption decreased drastically. In other words (do I dare say this), I really know nothing about Veronica Mars except for what is on Red Peonies. SO when Neilson is finished with the DVDs can I borrow them?

Incidentally, Andy's mom Dusty is a big Veronica fan. I knew I had good in laws.