Thursday, December 22, 2005

Transit Strike!









It is difficult to get a sense of the transit strike from pictures- it kind of looks just like any traffic jam in New York, at least in all the neighborhoods I've been in since it started.

I have to admit, I'm a total waffler on this strike. Sometimes I sympathize with the transit workers, and sometimes I am completely appalled that they went on strike. The MTA is horrible, poorly managed, kept 2 sets of books to keep their true financial situation obscure. Apparently Peter Kalikow drove several businesses into the ground, in real estate and publishing (the New York Post came close to folding according to some reports with him at the helm).

I guess I'm irritated with everyone involved in this mess. Anyway, I just hope it ends soon.

No comments: