Sunday, November 25, 2007

The Departed

Continuing with my theme of finding out about cool stuff years after everyone else, I had to mention how much I enjoyed watching The Departed, Martin Scorsese's cop/gangster drama from 2006. Marky Mark- excellent! Matt Damon, very very good! Leo- also excellent! Jack Nicholson- half of the time excellent! I was also glad to see Scorsese in top form- he is really good at violent gangster movies with a lot of Catholics in them, and I hope he makes many more.

I kept talking about it with the Necks at Thanksgiving- most of them had seen it and liked it, and Bets told me Kate had recommended it to her. I just bought a DVD of the movie it was based on- Infernal Affairs- a Hong Kong movie starring two of my favorite Chinese actors, Tony Leung and Andy Lau, and I can't wait for it to arrive.

I watched another movie with Andy Lau- Fulltime Killer- on the train back from Oswego. Two assassins, one Japanese and restrained, one Chinese and flamboyant, locked in a battle to be the number one hitman in Asia. Corny, but great visuals.

For some reason, I can't get enough of this stuff.

No comments: