Tuesday, November 06, 2007

He sold out! We elected him, and he sold out!

So says Sally at the end of "You're not elected Charlie Brown" although she is not talking about Charlie Brown. I don't think he would have sold out. But it is true that Linus did, much as I hate to admit it I must agree with Sally.

Hopefully we will do better with any candidates elected tomorrow, or in next year's election cycle. Political fever is gaining. I fear that Sally may be right but I hope I won't find myself quoting her next year "They're all the same! Promises. Promises. You elect them, and they weasel out of their promises!"

Linus, I liked you better when you were waiting in the pumpkin patch for the Great Pumpkin and staying true to your vision, dreaming of sincerity.

2 comments:

Kate C. said...

Sadly, given the last 11 months, I think we will all be mimicking Lucy's cry.

Kym said...

I fear you are right, but I keep hoping. I am not sure why exactly.