Saturday, November 10, 2007

Disturbing Celebrity News

Can these stories about Lance Armstrong dating Ashley Olsen possibly be true? It just seems so disturbing. My antipathy for Armstrong is well known, but it had actually started to dim a little. I liked it when he admitted just how miserable he felt during the marathon last year, and he acknowledged he had not respected the distance. And he was pretty funny during an interview during the race this year. When asked why he wasn't running with his entourage this year, he pointed to all the people around him (just regular--if fast-runners), and said, "I do have an entourage. I'm running with this guy with green hair, and this guy here." He seemed to be admitting the whole being paced by marathoning greats last year was a little obnoxious and now he was just going to his own race. Also, on a different note, I have come to realize how much he means to people with cancer, which is no small thing. But this new gossip leads me to believe I was right in the first place.

No comments: