Sunday, November 11, 2007

San Antonio Marathon

Today was the San Antonio Marathon and Nola and I went out to cheer. The course runs about 2 blocks from my house so we got up early and were able to see the front runners to the very end. It is a small marathon so we cheered for about two hours.

One of my friends from school was running his first marathon and it was great to go out and support him. I tried to rally my other friends but no one showed up. They didn't seem to really realize how important cheering is or how special running a marathon is. Oh well, their loss.

I held a sign that said Runners are HOT and it was much appreciated. There is not much of a crowd for this small marathon so the runners are really happy to see anyone cheering. Nola also received many compliments and kept trying to join the race.

Next year the San Antonio marathon is going to be a Rock and Roll race and they are expecting 15,000 runners. Who's in?

Here are a few pictures of the race.



The front runner!

More Runners

Rounding the corner

3 comments:

Kate C. said...

What mile were you at? I bet Nola inspired many a runner.

Kym said...

I'm in for next year's Rock and Roll. I heard about it a while back from the man who ran the marathon clinic I did last year. He is going to be running it. He said that if we sign up by January there will be a discount. Rock and Rolls fill up fast so we should remember to do that. Mom and Dad can help Nola cheer us on, although then it will be really difficult for him not to join the race.

Molly said...

I was at mile 6 and a half. Nola was great he did his signature stare and willed people on.

Kate are you up for another run?