Saturday, November 17, 2007

Its a Small World After All

My office mate and I get along well, but we wouldn't seem to have much in common, except our jobs. She is from Nigeria, lives in Westchester, and has four children ranging in age from grade schooler to early 20s. But we realized last week we both love tv, especially soapy melodramas like Grey's Anatomy and Brothers and Sisters. Then, during our faculty meeting, we had another bonding experience. There are several germaphobes in the department, and they were complaining about the how many door knobs they have to touch from the time they enter the building until they get to their offices. I can honestly say this is not something that ever crossed my mind. My office mate looked at me as whispered, "Who worries so much about germs?" Germy tv-lovers--that us.

1 comment:

Kym said...

Matt knows professors that microwave their student's papers and exams and others who grade papers wearing surgical gloves.