Saturday, November 24, 2007

I'm not sure what I think

I have seen two movies over the holiday weekend, and I honestly can't say whether I liked them or not. The first was the Darjeeling Limited, the new Wes Anderson film. Of course, it has beautiful, charming sets and a great soundtrack. Beyond that, Neilson hated it, thinking it is a shallow movie about shallow people. I'm not so sure. It did seem too long and parts are a little boring, but I was moved at times by the adult men who were trying to find a way to make it in the world after the death of their father. The second movie was I'm Not Here, the movie about Bob Dylan, with many actors (from Cate Blanchet to Richard Gere) playing different parts of the Dylan's persona, none named Bob Dylan. At times it was funny, at times it was touching, at times it was ridiculous, and at times I had no idea what was going on. Has anyone else seen these movies? What did you think?

1 comment:

jody said...

I want to see them both, but they do look potentially puzzling.