Friday, November 16, 2007

Saving Paper

I finally got around to signing up for a few of those services which reduce junk mail. I can't believe how many catalogs, credit card applications, and other random pieces of paper I receive in a week. It takes 10 weeks or so to kick in--I wish had remembered to sign up before the Christmas rush of dead trees started to arrive.

If you want to sign up, visit Green Dimes, which charges a one time fee of $15.00 to stop a wide variety of junk mail and also plants 10 trees in your name, and Catalog Choice, which is free and stops, obviously, catalogs.

4 comments:

Molly said...

I just bought a shredder and I was amazed at the amount of paper I had to shred. I just signed up both services. I am excited for the results.

Sanjiv said...

GreenDimes here,

Thanks for the mention. We really appreciate it.

Kate C. said...

Buying a shredder is what made me realize how much paper I got in the mail as well.

jody said...

This is great, I'm going to sign up too.