Saturday, July 05, 2008

Happy 3rd of July

My friends and I took a brief break from studying for the bar to have a kickoff BBQ for our rare three day weekend. I made a cake for our celebration.

I used my new Joy of Cooking for the frosting and my new cookbook stand.

Here is the bottom layer of the cake about to be iced.
They are not from Geneva but they are tasty. I put them in the middle for a little surprise.
I watch enough cooking shows to know that you should ice the cake with a thin layer and then put it in the fridge to set.
Here is the finished cake. This is about as patriotic as I get.
Here is my friends David and Corrina cutting into it at AnaLiz and Tony's house.

We ended the night like all good Americans playing Guitar Hero!

2 comments:

jody said...

Beautiful cake. I am glad to see video games played an important part of other's July 4th celebration.

Kate C. said...

That cake looks delectable. I will post information about my weekend soon.